It’s officially Valentine’s week, and because we love you dear readers so very much, we’re introducing you to a new friend, who happens to come bearing a very fabulous gift. Meet Avenue K, a carefully curated online fashion marketplace that connects fashion forward shoppers like us from all over the globe with independent sellers across North America who have set up their own online boutiques, providing access to the world’s most sought after and exclusive fashions.
Case in point? The gorgeous Marc by Marc Jacobs ‘Raveheart’ metallic leather clutch (valued at $300!) that we’ve teamed up with Avenue K to bestow upon one lucky reader of The Backseat Stylers this Valentine’s Day. Squee! Want to get your hands on that rose gold beauty? Contest rules are below, so get entering, stat. Good luck all!
In the meantime, you’ll also want to head over to Avenue K and get to know our new pal a little better: take a gander at their impressive designer list (Saint Laurent, Prada, Isabel Marant – oh my!), read all about the Avenue K Assurance guaranteeing authenticity and free global returns (yes!), and register on the site to take advantage of the personal concierge service that will search high and low for your latest must-have (Givenchy bag, anyone?). Happy shopping!
Contest Rules [CLOSED]:
1. Leave us a comment telling us how you would style the Marc by Marc Jacobs ‘Raveheart’ clutch in rose gold. Also, ‘like’ The Backseat Stylers and Avenue K’s Facebook pages here and here.
2. For a bonus entry, follow @backseatstylers and @ShopAvenueK on Twitter and tweet the following: “The @backseatstylers and @ShopAvenueK are giving away a $300 Marc by Marc Jacobs clutch and I want it! http://bit.ly/1jpR6Yh #BSSValentine”. Leave us an additional comment on this blog post letting us know that you’ve shown us some Twitter love.
3. The contest closes at 11:59 PST on February 16, 2014. The winner will be selected randomly and will be notified by e-mail.
4. There are no prize substitutions and no cash value.
Congrats to our contest winner…Angela M!!! Enjoy your fabulous new clutch.
With only 30 days remaining to find the perfect Valentine’s Day present for the loves of your lives or those in the making, we’ve decided to kindly offer a helping hand. We’ve put together a gift guide filled with fabulous gift ideas for the fashion-addicted lady in your life – 50 to-die-for items to be exact. From a pair of adorable heart-print boxers from Old Navy for $9.94 to the “I Kissed A Frog” glitter clutch by Kate Spade for $328 to a pair of crystal-encrusted “Sexy Strass” pumps by Christian Louboutin for $3,295, we’ve got you covered at every price point.
Ladies, this post is perfect for accidentally-on-purpose leaving open on the computer screen for your other half to happen upon as a subtle hint, or can also very conveniently be emailed as a not-so-subtle hint. Either way, you’re most welcome. In return, all that we ask is that someone please send this post to Mr. Backseat Styler and point him in the direction of that Elsa Peretti bone cuff. Merci beaucoup, and happy V-day shopping!
Continue reading →
The Prabal Gurung for Target lookbook has landed! The collaboration between the discount department store chain and the New York-based designer, who counts Duchess Kate and Jennifer Lawrence among his fans, was announced last October and the complete collection has now finally been revealed.
Inspired by love, the 80-piece line-up includes ladies’ apparel, shoes, handbags and jewelry priced from $19.99 for a t-shirt to $199.99 for a leather jacket. The collection will hit Target stores and target.com on February 10, 2012, just in time for Valentine’s Day. It will be available through to March 23, 2013.
I’m definitely going to be needing some of those floral print pieces in my life. Target won’t have opened up shop in Canada yet (soon!), so I’ll be making the trek south of the border to get my hands on some Prabal Gurung x Target. Will you? Check out the 42-image gallery below to get started on your wish list.
Continue reading →
With only 5 days remaining until Valentine’s Day and men all around the world scrambling to find the perfect gift for the loves of their lives or those in the making, we’ve decided to generously offer a helping hand. We’ve put together a gift guide filled with our 10 favourite shoes, bags and jewelry, all in the loveliest shades of red. Men – pay attention. Ladies – this post can very conveniently be sent, via email, to the men in your life, as a not-so-subtle hint. You’re welcome, all.
From left to right, top to bottom:
1. Valentino rubber bow flip flops ($243) – Slip in a pair of plane tickets to a hot, exotic locale for an extended Valentine’s Day celebration.
2. Ela Handbags MILCK clutch in red ($280) – This gorgeous clutch will charm the pants off the lucky recipient…figuratively speaking.
3. Tiffany & Co. ‘Kisses’ book ($55) – To write down all your sweetest nothings for her.
4. Michael Kors small rose gold-plated chronograph watch ($250) – For the trendy gal you’re trying to woo…or keep.
5. Swarovski ‘Intervalle’ red bangle ($180) – Crystals can be a girl’s best friend too, especially crimson Swarovski ones.
6. Thomas Sabo sterling silver heart pendant ($69) – A pretty pendant that will remind her that she’s the love of your life, all 365 days of the year.
7. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel silk-crepe collar ($70) – Not a conventional gift by any means, but for the whimsical gal in your life, it might just do the trick.
8. Tiffany reversible suede and metallic leather tote ($655) – 2 gorgeous bags in 1, for the chic and practical lady in your life.
9. Proenza Schouler PS11 classic iguana in lipstick ($6,825) – Money can’t buy you love, but it can buy you this incredible PS11 bag, which is sure to knock her socks off.
10. Charlotte Olympia Masako silk-satin pumps ($875) – Her very first pair of Charlotte Olympias? She’ll love you forever…or at least until next Valentine’s Day.
xx, T & S
Image Credits: As linked
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it seems that love is in the air over at Chanel. As has become tradition, the design house is releasing a special, limited edition collection in honour of that one day each year when cupid comes out to play. Past collections have featured quilted classic flaps in bright pinks and reds, with heart-shaped chain links or love-themed charms, but this year’s offerings are a bit more subtle.
For Chanel’s Valentine 2012 collection, Karl Lagerfeld has opted for a lovely colour palette of blush pink and light gold. The design house’s signature camellia is aplenty; it adorns a beautiful belt (my favourite piece in the collection) and is also embossed on an iPad case, make-up bag and coin purse. The designs are classic and chic, which is exactly how I like my Chanel. One of each, please!
Images via Vogue China