Happy National Sweater Day! What better way to celebrate than by (a) donning your knitted best, and (b) shopping for a new favourite sweater. We’ve got 4 we’re seriously lusting after today (clockwise from top left):
1. Whether it’s Blue Mountain or Aspen, Étoile Isabel Marant‘s ’Kiliann’ cardigan is exactly the type of sweater we’d pack for a winter weekend getaway. We love the oatmeal, red and navy colour combination. Available at Net-a-porter for $570.
2. Markus Lupfer‘s hot air balloon intarsia sweater is a whimsical piece with an edge, thanks to the longer back hem. Tuck it into a cute skirt for a softer look or toughen it up with leather pants. Available at Net-a-porter for $410.
3. Comme des Garçons Play‘s long sleeve wool cardigan has been on our wishlist for some time now, and the combination of the burgundy wool and contrast bright red heart logo is proving irresistible. Available at SSENSE for $520.
4. Club Monaco‘s navy cashmere ‘Blair’ sweater couldn’t look or feel any cozier. It’s the perfect knit to bundle up in when you’re looking for both warmth and style. Available at Club Monaco for $349.
xx, T & S
Images via My Theresa, Net-a-porter, Club Monaco, ASOS
It’s National Sweater Day! Today is the day we remind ourselves to throw on our sweaters, turn down our thermostats by a few degrees and join the fight against climate change.
We at The Backseat Stylers are doing our part by layering, keeping our room at much lower than balmy temperatures, and, of course, putting together this post of six of our favourite sweaters this season. What better way to support such a worthy cause than to go out and buy yourself some lovely new knitwear? Happy National Sweater Day!
Clockwise from top left:
1. Topshop knitted textured stitch cardi, $76 (available in Canada and worldwide)
2. J.Crew linen v-neck cable-knit sweater, $79.50
3. Moschino Cheap & Chic pearl-embellished striped cardigan, $495
4. T by Alexander Wang neon yellow sweater, $266
5. Rag & Bone ‘Danby’ cable-knit wool sweater, $325
6. Miu Miu knitted cotton and lace sweater, $485
xx, T & S
Image Credits: As linked
On February 2, 2011, WWF-Canada launched its National Sweater Day campaign with a fun fashion show at The Ballroom bowling alley in downtown Toronto. The show featured an eclectic mix of sweater designs by Canadian designers Aime by Monica Mei, Allison Wonderland, dace, Heidi Ackerman, Lucian Matis, Pink Cobra, Preloved, Thieves and Zoran Dobric. Each of the environmentally-friendly sweaters are currently being auctioned off in support of WWF’s conservation work on eBay. Bidding starts at $75 for each design.
I have my eye on the Aime by Monica Mei sweater dress, but as a seasoned veteran of eBay auctions I’m trained not to bid until the very last second. I bid to win. I will, however, make an exception for such a great cause – scrap what I said earlier about sniping at the end. Bid now! And often.
National Sweater Day itself is on February 17, 2011. Don’t forget to throw on a sweater, turn down your thermostats by three degrees Celsius and join the fight against climate change!
Continue reading →