Hope all is well with you, Mrs. Claus, the reindeer and the elves up in the North Pole! I know we only just saw each other at Mr. Backseat Styler’s company Christmas party last week, but I thought I’d write to you to remind you of our discussion at the time. As you know, I’ve been a tad overindulgent this past year, so I probably only deserve a lump of coal in my stocking. However, should you decide – in all your infinite, jolly wisdom – to give me a free pass this year, I have taken the liberty of listing out what I would most like to see in my stocking. In the unlikely event that 3 days is not sufficient time for the elves to cobble together these items, I’ve also included where each item can be purchased. The prices I’ve listed don’t include the Kris Kringle discount though – I’m sure you could do much better.
From left to right, top to bottom:
1. WWD 100th Anniversary Issue via WWD (US$12.99) – This one’s pretty self-explanatory…it’s a must-have for anyone who loves fashion and fashion history!
2. Balenciaga Classic Triple Tour Bracelet via Cult Status (AU$295) – I just got the Balenciaga Work bag in anthracite and would love a matching bracelet!
3. D&G Fair Isle Wool Cardi-Coat via Net-a-porter (US1,295 on sale for US$518) – I’ve been dying for a fair isle piece from D&G’s Fall 2010 collection. This cardigan would be perfect for a visit to the North Pole, wouldn’t you say, Santa?
4. Yves Saint Laurent Arty Ring via Net-a-porter (US$195) – I’ve only worn the lovely rings Mr. Backseat Styler gave me since we got married, but this statement ring is all kinds of amazing. Mrs. Claus might like one of these too…just sayin’.
5. Charlotte Olympia Fruit Pumps on pre-order at Luisa Via Roma (US$1,700) – Remember these shoes I wrote to you about a few months ago (rather early) after the God Save the Queen gala at The Room at the Bay? They’re finally available for pre-order, Santa! I mean, if your cobblers are already too swamped to put them together. They should also be available at the Bay soon too, hopefully…take your time, Santa! I’m happy to wait till Spring on this one.
6. Rock For Ever Best of MAKE UP FOR EVER kit via Sephora (US$39) – I just discovered MUFE this year, Santa. This kit contains all their most popular products – a great way for me to try out the products I haven’t had a chance to check out yet!
7. Fallon Jewelry Violet XL Bow Cuff via Fallon Jewelry (US$295) – This 2-inch ox brass cuff is so chunky and incredibly busy with its mesh bows, chain details, pyramid studs and Swarovski crystals…and I adore it!
8. The September Issue DVD via Amazon (US$13.99) – Confession time. I haven’t watched this documentary yet, Santa…embarrassing, I know. So please help me out with this one so I can finally understand why everyone is so in love with Grace Coddington!
9. For the world to be rid of Uggs…especially the Jimmy Choo ones.
As for logistics, Baby Backseat Styler will be putting out your favourite store-bought cookies, some macarons and a glass of fat-free vanilla soy milk for you on Christmas Eve. The roof should be free, but we also have visitor parking for your sleigh. Text me if my condo concierge gives you a hard time at the door – I’ll buzz you in.
Thanks in advance, Santa, and have a very Merry Christmas!
P.S. I promise to be a good girl next year!