It should be obvious by now that we at The Backseat Stylers are serious fashion addicts, but what you may not know is that we’re also big sports fans. We’ve been known to be glued to our TV screens during the Olympics, jump on the bandwagon whenever a Toronto team makes the playoffs, and even take in a day at the races now and then. That’s why we’re incredibly excited to announce that we’re teaming up with Woodbine Entertainment Group to take the fashion game of the Queen’s Plate, one of Canada’s premier sporting events, to the next level. And one lucky reader is going to be right in the middle of the action!
The oldest thoroughbred horse race in Canada and the first race of the Canadian Triple Crown, the Queen’s Plate is held each summer at Woodbine Racetrack in Toronto and is known as much for the thrill of the races as it is for the swanky red carpet style. From ladies in fancy fascinators and summery frocks to gents in bow ties and dapper suits, Woodbine’s grandstands are the place to see and be seen on Queen’s Plate race day.
The most prestigious horse race of the season will be held on Sunday, July 7, and it’s going to be a fashion extravaganza. Over the next month, we’re going to be your exclusive source for Queen’s Plate style inspiration, sharing all our tips, tricks and recommendations for what to wear on the big day.
And here’s the most exciting part of all: we’re partnering with Woodbine Racetrack on one of our most epic giveaways to date, The Ultimate Queen’s Plate Fashion Experience contest! Up for grabs is a grand prize package with an approximate retail value of CAD$3,000 – yes, you read right! - that includes:
- A $1,000 shop! Card for Toronto Eaton Centre for the purchase of the perfect Queen’s Plate outfit.
- A style consultation with The Backseat Stylers to assist in the search for a Queen’s Plate outfit.
- A miniature floating veil fascinator in silver by Queen’s Plate official milliner, David Dunkley.
- Round trip limousine transportation to and from Woodbine Racetrack (555 Rexdale Blvd, Toronto, ON) and 1 Greater Toronto Area location of the winner’s choice for the contest winner and three (3) guests.
- Four (4) grandstand seats at Woodbine Racetrack for the 154th Queen’s Plate on Sunday July 7, 2013.
- Complimentary food & beverage service for the contest winner and three (3) guests in the VIP Grey Goose Lounge, located in the Walking Ring, Hats & Horseshoes Party on Sunday, July 7, 2013, from 12pm to 6pm ET.
- Four (4) complimentary race day programs.
- Complimentary cash cards for the contest winner and three (3) guests with a balance of $25 each (for a total value of $100) to be used for wagering throughout the day.
In short, we’re giving away the Queen’s Plate experience of a lifetime to one very lucky reader of The Backseat Stylers. Want it to be you? So do we! So get entering – contest rules are below. Good luck! And stay tuned for our Queen’s Plate fashion series.
Contest Rules [CLOSED]:
1. To enter, leave a comment to this blog post describing your perfect outfit for the Queen’s Plate.
2. For a bonus entry, follow @backseatstylers and @WoodbineRacing on Twitter and tweet the following: “The @backseatstylers are giving away the ultimate Queen’s Plate experience & $1,000 shopping spree! PICK ME! http://bit.ly/11r58ul #QP2013”
3. The contest closes on Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:59pm. The winner will be selected randomly and will be notified by e-mail.
4. Contest open to readers in the Greater Toronto Area only.
5. There are no prize substitutions and no cash value.
6. Complete contest rules here.
Sponsored by Woodbine Entertainment Group