The holiday season is officially here: the mistletoe has been strategically placed, our addiction to candy cane hot chocolate is back with a vengeance, and Mariah Carey’s ‘Merry Christmas’ album is already on 24/7 repeat chez The Backseat Stylers. With exactly 30 days until Santa and his elves pay you a visit (or not, if you’re on that naughty list), we’re bringing back our second annual The Big Holiday Giveaway, 2 weeks of epic giveaways with a new one revealed every day. The best part? We don’t even care if you’ve been naughty this year – you’re still eligible to win by virtue of you being a lovely reader of this here blog (thank you!).
We’re kicking off the festivities with a contest for a $500 shopping spree at none other than…*dramatic drum roll, please*…H&M! The fast fashion retailer’s stores are currently filled to the brim with cheap and cheerful party-ready pieces and, in fact, $500 is just the right amount to refresh that holiday wardrobe. We’re not going to tell you how to spend your winnings, but here’s how we’d ensure we looked chic at every holiday shindig this year (clockwise from top left):
1. Beaded red dress ($39.95) – Every girl needs an LRD in their cocktail rotation, and this chic, easy-to-wear number is perfect for dancing the night away.
2. Metal clutch bag ($29.95) – A fabulous and versatile clutch is an essential for holiday dressing, and this metal shell chain bag is plenty of glam for your buck.
3. Faux fur coat ($129) – As far as statement coats go, it doesn’t get much better than this standout coloured and striped faux fur design.
4. Beaded necklace ($39.95) – A little drama goes a long way, and this bold and intricate piece will take any holiday ensemble to the next level.
5. Knitted jumper ($19.95) – Bright red embroidered lips make for a cheeky sweater that would pair perfectly with skinny jeans or an A-line skirt for a more casual but no less cute party look.
6. Embroidered kimono ($99) – This stunning chiffon kimono with shimmering gold floral embroidery is a holiday must-have that will undoubtedly become a year-round favourite.
7. Court shoes ($49.95) – Perfect for day-to-night, the basic black pump is taken to the next level with gorgeous metal detailing on the heel.
8. Studded bracelet ($9.95) – Nothing adds a touch of fierce quite like some stud action, and this incredibly well-priced bracelet certainly does the job.
Those 8 fabulous and festive items add up to $472 of swag, 13% taxes included (here in Ontario, anyway), leaving you some pocket change for a few pairs of cozy tube socks even.
Daydreaming about how you’d spend that $500 shopping spree at H&M? Enter now to make that shopping list a reality – contest rules are below. And don’t forget to check back daily for new giveaways, because you’ll want to enter them all. Trust us!
Good luck and happy holidays!
Contest Rules [CLOSED]:
1. Leave a comment on this blog post telling us how you would spend the $500 shopping spree, including links to the specific items on hm.com/ca. Also, ‘like’ The Backseat Stylers and H&M’s Facebook pages here and here.
2. For a bonus entry (complete step #1 first), follow @backseatstylers and @hmcanada on Twitter and tweet the following: “HO HO HO! The @backseatstylers are giving away a @hmcanada $500 shopping spree, and I want it! http://bit.ly/1bOMMsw #BSSholiday #giveaway”
3. The contest closes at 11:59pm PST on December 1, 2013. The winner will be selected randomly and will be notified by e-mail.
4. Contest open to readers in Canada only.
5. There are no prize substitutions and no cash value. Travel not included.