After epic giveaways all December long, we’ve finally reached the grand finale as we count down the days until Santa’s arrival. For our third and final contest, we’ve teamed up with none other than Canada’s oldest retailer, The Bay! From shoes to silverware, The Bay is a go-to destination for everything fashionable for our closets, kitchen and every other room in our house, for that matter.
We’re incredibly excited then to wrap up our big holiday giveaway series with a $500 shopping spree at everyone’s favourite department store, The Bay! Being two of The Bay’s most devoted customers, it would take us about 30 seconds to spend $500. Here are some of the items we’re currently coveting over on thebay.com (clockwise from top left):
1. Tahari mesh sequin dress ($210) – A combination of paillettes and mesh, this Tahari frock isn’t your average LBD. It’s a standout piece for the holiday season, as well as cocktail parties year round.
2. Michael Kors black silicone-wrapped bracelet watch ($300) – Michael Kors’ watch business is booming for good reason; his timepieces have become must-haves among the fashion-conscious. Our pick is this versatile, oversized design in black silicone-wrapped stainless steel.
3. Maison Martin Margiela ostrich feather pen ($40) – For the signing of only the most important of documents, this luxe ostrich feather pen is perfect for Margiela devotees and fashion fans in general.
4. Topshop drape longline blazer ($120) – We’d choose a white tuxedo jacket over a party dress any day of the week, and this version from everyone’s favorite high street retailer is a stylish, pocketbook-friendly option.
5. YSL Beauty La Laque nail trio holiday set ($65) – We love all of those exclusive makeup sets that pop up during the holidays, and this nail lacquer trio from YSL featuring three of the brand’s most popular reds is a favourite this season.
6. Pink Tartan merino wool birdseye crew ($191.99, reg. $275) – We’re huge fans of most everything Kimberly Newport-Mimran designs, and this chic sweater is no exception. It’s perfect for layering over a collared shirt or on its own.
7. Swarovski ‘Alicia’ pierced earrings ($150) – We wouldn’t turn down anything by Swarovski, but these gorgeous crystal drop earrings especially would make lovely additions to any jewelry box.
8. Belle Noel bars and fan necklace ($250) – As far as statement necklaces go, this offering from Kim Kardashian’s line is fairly simple in design but high impact. It’ll take any old LBD to the next level.
9. HBC Collection antique cotton sweatshirt ($77, reg. $110) – We have a soft spot for anything with the classic HBC stripes, and this cozy cotton sweatshirt in particular. We have big plans to sip hot cocoa by the fireplace in it all winter.
With The Bay’s huge selection of apparel, shoes, accessories, housewares, cosmetics and more, we have a feeling it wouldn’t take you long to burn through that $500 either. Tell us what you’d buy on that shopping spree for a chance to win. Good luck everyone!
Congrats to the winner of a The Bay $500 shopping spree…Lindsay S! Please email us to claim your prize. Thanks to everyone who entered!
xx, T & S
Contest Rules [CLOSED]:
1. To enter, leave us a comment telling us how you would spend the $500 shopping spree, including links to the specific items on thebay.com. Also, ‘like’ The Backseat Stylers and The Bay’s Facebook pages here and here.
2. For a bonus entry (you must complete step #1 first), follow @backseatstylers and @TheHudsonsBayCo on Twitter and tweet the following: “HOHOHO! @backseatstylers are giving away a @TheHudsonsBayCo $500 shopping spree, and I want it! http://bit.ly/T26udP #giveaway #BSSholiday”
3. The contest closes at midnight on December 23, 2012. The winner will be selected randomly and will be notified by e-mail.
4. Contest open to readers in Canada only.
5. There are no prize substitutions and no cash value. Travel not included.