THE BIG HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY continues! Today’s big prize? A $300 shopping spree courtesy of Roots Canada! Because us patriotic Canadians couldn’t possibly run 2 weeks’ worth of giveaways without featuring one of our favourite national brands. We grew up sporting Roots’ classic sweats, and we’re still living in them now (new ones, of course). Plus, the retailer’s wildly popular varsity jackets and instantly recognizable leather handbags have helped Roots maintain its Canadian cool status for 40 years.
So how would we spend that $300 gift card? We’re so glad you asked, because we’ve been daydreaming up a shopping list (clockwise from top left):
1. Western Riding Boot ($318) – We’ve never met a riding boot we didn’t like, and Roots’ take with its double-wrap belt and loop detailing is a definite favourite. Made in Canada from 100% Italian leather – need we say more?
2. Smythe Bomber Jacket ($988) – Roots collaborated with one of our other favourite Canadian labels, Smythe Les Vestes, on a to-die-for bomber jacket in celebration of its 40th anniversary. We’d put that $300 gift card towards this jacket in a heartbeat. Want. Now.
3. Venetian Village bag ($208) – Roots’ original leather flat bags never go out of style, and are a fashionable solution that go seamlessly from the work week to the weekend.
4. Heritage Kanga Hoody ($72) – Still highly covetable after all these years, Roots’ classic logo hoody is a must-have. We’ve been wearing ours non-stop all fall.
5. Lodge Fair Isle Mitt ($48) – We’ll fall head over heels in love with just about anything fair isle, and these adorable mitts are no exception.
6. Jackie Bag ($238) – We’ve always had a soft spot for Roots’ super cute cross-body bag. In magenta? We love it even more, obviously.
That’s our wish list – what’s on yours? Tell us for a chance to win that $300 shopping spree. Contest rules are below. Good luck and happy window-shopping!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter all the other contests in THE BIG HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY and check back for our final reveal tomorrow!
1. Leave us a comment telling us how you would spend the $300 shopping spree, including links to the specific items on roots.com. Also, ‘like’ The Backseat Stylers and Roots Canada’s Facebook pages here and here.
2. For a bonus entry (you must complete step #1 first), follow @backseatstylers and @RootsCanada on Twitter and tweet the following: “HO HO HO! The @backseatstylers are giving away a @RootsCanada $300 shopping spree and I want it! http://bit.ly/18o1WUY #BSSholiday #giveaway”
3. The contest closes at 11:59 PST on December 11, 2013. The winner will be selected randomly and will be notified by e-mail.
4. Contest open to readers in Canada only.
5. There are no prize substitutions and no cash value.