The Mister and I met in September 1999, back when ICQ was all the rage, a sweet young lady named Britney Spears was taking over the pop scene, and I was only beginning to develop some sense of style. It wasn’t love at first sight exactly, but pretty darn close; I liked him immediately, and a lot. He enjoys telling people that I picked him up. In fact, I didn’t, but I did introduce myself first, and it was the best thing I’ve ever done.
We were kids back then with little in the way of responsibility and plenty of time to date. We watched terrible movies, ate like our metabolisms would never slow, and just enjoyed each other’s company. That’s all we’ve ever needed, really, though we do enjoy fancy dinners, theatre tickets and travel now and then.
My favourite dates are those when we explore something new together, like our bike ride through the streets of Paris, those drinks we had at that ice bar in Stockholm, and our first ever visit to the Metro Toronto Zoo, when we walked non-stop all day in the blistering heat so we wouldn’t miss any of the animals.
What are the ingredients to a perfect date for you? Share in the comments and tweet us using the hashtag #BRLove for a chance to win a special his and hers Valentine’s Day gift set from our friends at Banana Republic! The package includes two new signature fragrances, one bottle of W and one bottle of M, a gorgeous cuff for her and a handsome printed silk tie for him, all valued at over $240. Contest rules are below.
Congrats to the winner of our #BRLove giveaway…Neeraj! Thanks to all who entered and stay tuned for our next contest.
Good luck and happy Valentine’s Day!
1. To enter, leave us a comment telling us your ingredients to the perfect date.
2. In addition to step #1, follow @backseatstylers and @BRStyleCA on Twitter and tweet us the following: “The @backseatstylers and @BRStyleCA are giving away a $240 his and hers gift set, and I want it! http://bit.ly/XPjPHI #BRLove #giveaway”
3. The contest closes at midnight on February 20, 2013. The winner will be selected randomly and will be notified by e-mail.
4. Contest open to readers in Canada only. Winner must have a Canadian shipping address.
5. There are no prize substitutions and no cash value. Prize might not be exact colour/print as shown. No exchanges or refunds permitted.